This week’s FEATURED TOUR
Brought to you courtesy of Get Outside Adventures!
Have you always had a hankering for more *outside*? Do you long to leave the hustle and bustle of your daily life, pack it all into a bag and head out into the hills for a weekend away from your packed schedule, the relentless buzz of your cellphone, social media, kids clamouring for attention, the busy work commute… but you haven’t the faintest idea what you need to get started?
Girl, we’ve got you!
Come and join Get Outside Adventures on one of their tailored, women’s only, introductory courses. Here, you can try out gear and learn how to get it all organized properly before shelling out your hard earned dollars on gear of your own!
You’ll cover all the basics:
- Keeping pack weight down
- Off - trail navigation
- Backpacking food and cooking
- Overnight gear
- Animal safety
- Backcountry skills learning at the hand of your experienced ACMG certified guide
- Wilderness permit for one night
- Tent & group cooking equipment
- Delicious food throughout the backpacking trip
- Certified on - trail physiotherapist
"This trip is designed to teach women the skills they need to become independent in the backcountry. No previous experience is necessary but this should not be your first hike of the year. You will need to carry your personal gear plus food and water for up to 10km each day. When packing, be mindful that your pack should not weigh more than 30lbs."
-Jenna Nodding, Get Outside Adventures
What you’ll need to bring:
- Accommodation for the night before hitting the trail (Canmore or Banff)
- Breakfast and lunch on day 1
- Dinner on the last day when we’re back off the trail
- Personal gear (can be provided for an additional fee)
- An amazing attitude!
Check out this video for more of what to expect:
Where you’ll go:
- Day 0 – Meet the group at Stonewaters, Canmore at 7 pm. You'll make sure everyone has everything they need, introduce the group, laugh lots, and distribute the group gear.
- Day 1 – You'll wake up full of energy and carpool to the trailhead. Part of the day will be spent hiking, camp will be set up around mid-day, and the afternoon will be full of instruction and exploring.
- Day 2 – Coffee delivered to your door?!?!? What else could you want? After a casual start and a delicious breakfast your new skills will be honed as we navigate your way back to your cars.
"Learnt so much and finally know what all those lines on the map mean...had a blast and met some very cool women in the process. Would definitely do again"
Kimberly - April 2019
"Jenna is a knowledgeable, caring and very nice guide - I'll be doing more with her in the future! Thank you Jenna!"
Marie-Anne, October 2018
"I did the overnight Intro to backpacking to Lake Minnewanka with Jenna this past June. The trip was well organized and absolutely delivered everything it promised it would"
S3951MXnicolem - June 2018
"The trip was very well planned; equipment, meals, route, all worked perfectly. I also learned more about map reading and route finding during this trip, which was a personal goal. Jenna has tons of patience, and so much experience"
Tania - July 2018