- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Day 0 – Meet the group at Stonewaters, Canmore at 7 pm. We will make sure everyone has everything they need, introduce the group, laugh lots, and distribute the group gear.
- Day 1 – We'll wake up full of energy and carpool to the trailhead. Part of the day will be spent hiking, camp will be set up around mid-day, and the afternoon will be full of instruction and exploring.
- Day 2 – Coffee delivered to your door?!?!? What else could you want? After a casual start and a delicious breakfast our new skills will be honed as we navigate our way back to our cars.
- Backcountry skills learning
- Wilderness pass for one night
- Tents for camping
- Amazingly delicious food from the evening of day 1 to lunch on the last day
- An ACMG guide
- An on trail physiotherapist
- All group cooking gear
Participants must provide:
- Accommodations the night before getting on the trail
- Transportation to Canmore
- Breakfast and Lunch of day 1 and supper on the last day
- Personal Gear (Can be arranged for an additional fee)
Level of Difficulty
This trip is designed to teach women the skills they need to become independent in the backcountry. No previous experience is necessary but this should not be your first hike of the year. You will need to carry your personal gear plus food and water for up to 10km each day. When packing, be mindful that your pack should not weigh more than 30lbs.
Lets learn together and have some laughs!
The wide open spaces found in wild places have always left Jenna feeling full of energy. From a young age she appreciated the feeling of moving her body and the satisfaction that came from self propelled activities. Always in search of an adventure she can be found anywhere but indoors!
Currently, she resides in Canmore, AB, balancing guiding and working as a physiotherapist. Hiking and backpacking fill her summer months and snowshoeing takes over in the winter. The majority of her work consists of private guiding, however hiking and backpacking trips are also provided to help you prepare to tackle the trail on your own.
ACMG Hiking Guide
Certified by the Interpretative Guide Association
Advanced Wilderness First Aid with CPR
Bachelor of Kinesiology in Exercise and Health Physiology